Animal Control and Wildlife

Blaine County Animal Code requires any person owning a dog six months or older to obtain and exhibit a valid dog license. The Wood River Animal Shelter oversees the sale and record keeping of all Blaine County dog licenses. Pet owners must show proof of rabies vaccination in order to obtain a Blaine County dog license.  In Sun Valley, you can visit the Police Department to buy a dog license.

To report a case of animal or wildlife nuisance,  please visit or call the Police Department 208-622-5345. The Police Department has traps for loan to citizens to capture and release small animals.

For lost animals, you may seek help from:

Police Department
Wood River Animal Shelter 208-788-4351
KECH Radio (local radio station) 208-726-5324